Trek Untold-Episode 85: Clyde Kusatsu Career Interview, Part 1
It's an episode so epic that we had to split it into two parts! Our guest for this episode has been in over 300 shows and films, with a number that continues to grow, and that man is the legendary Clyde Kusatsu.
This episode is so big that we barely discuss Star Trek in any way, so if you want to hear about Clyde's time in three episodes of Star Trek TNG as Admiral Nakamura, you will have to wait until next week.
This week, Clyde explains how he got into acting and what he learned at Northwestern University, stories from his early theatrical career, and how it led to Hollywood, with a focus on Clyde's career in the 70s and early 80s. We start with a Star Wars story from the set of 1977's “Choirboys” with James Wood, playing Wong in the original “Doctor Strange” TV pilot, working with Toshiro Mifune on “Midway” and “The Challenge,” “Paradise Road” with Glenn Close and Frances McDormand, the five episodes he did of the original “Kung Fu” series with David Carradine, James Hong, and Richard Loo, being Reverend Chong on “All in the Family,” “Volunteers” with Tom Hanks, John Candy, and Nicholas Meyer, and much more!
Stay tuned next week for the second part of this huge interview to bring us into the '90s and modern era of Clyde's career!
- Visit https://www.drivebydogooders.org/ to donate to the cause, and if you donate $35 or more, Lycia will send you an autographed picture. In the comments section where you donate, include your name and address and what pic you would like, and Lycia will send it on your way!
- Visit Pancan.org to support the Trek against Pancreatic Cancer
Please subscribe to our YouTube channel and hit the notifications button to be updated when we go live or upload our next video!
Trek Untold is sponsored by Triple-Fiction Productions, a US-based company that 3-D prints Trek-inspired prop replicas for fan films and cosplayers, as well as accessories and playsets for all iterations of Trek figures through the years. Visit them at Triple-Fictionproductions.net.
Don't forget to subscribe to the show and leave a rating if you like us!
The views expressed on air during Trek Untold do not represent the views of the RAGE Works staff, partners, or affiliates.
Follow Trek Untold on Social Media
- Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/trekuntold
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/trekuntold
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trekuntold
Follow Nerd News Today on Social Media
- Twitter: Twitter.com/NerdNews2Day
- Instagram: Instagram.com/NerdNewsToday
- Facebook: Facebook.com/NerdNewsToday
Trek Untold is sponsored by Treksphere.com, powered by the RAGE Works Podcast Network, and affiliated with Nerd News Today.
Check Out Some of the Other Shows on the RAGE Works Network
- Black is the New Black: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/bitnb/
- Turnbuckle Tabloid: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/tbt/
- Toys & Tech of the Trade: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/ttott/
- Trek Untold: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/trek-untold/
- The Eat 4 Life Podcast: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/eat4life/
- GamiFi Everything: Beyond The Metaverse: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/gamifi-everything-beyond-the-metaverse/
- Slaying For Me: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/slaying-for-me/