Trek Untold Episode 82: Jeremy Roberts, Cmdr. Valtaine from Star Trek VI and Voyager
Very few actors in Star Trek can reprise a role they did from one series to another, let alone a role that debuted in a film. Jeremy Roberts is one of those rare people who first played Commander Valtaine in the sixth Star Trek film serving on Captain Sulu's Excelsior. Roberts reprised the role for the third season Voyager episode “Flashback,” working again with George Takei and this time Kate Mulgrew and Tim Russ.
Roberts literally followed a dream to become an actor. We learn all about his unusual path towards performing, his first gig on “Hooperman” with John Ritter, working on “Murder, She Wrote,” “Sister Act,” “Diagnosis Murder,” “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” “The Mask” with Jim Carrey, his celebrity run-ins with John Wayne and Frank Gorshin, and an embarrassing day on the set of Xena.
And of course, plenty of Trek talk as we discuss his on-set memories of George Takei, Grace Lee Whitney, and his time on Star Trek VI and Voyager, along with his third role as a Jem'Hadar soldier in the DS9 episode, “Hippocratic Oath,” which was a bit of a nightmare since he was incredibly sick during filming! Jeremy has had quite a career, and we dig deep in this episode to find out all about it!
- Visit https://www.drivebydogooders.org/ to donate to the cause, and if you donate $35 or more, Lycia will send you an autographed picture. In the comments section where you donate, include your name and address and what pic you would like, and Lycia will send it on your way!
- Visit Pancan.org to support the Trek against Pancreatic Cancer
Please subscribe to our YouTube channel and hit the notifications button to be updated when we go live or upload our next video!
Trek Untold is sponsored by Triple-Fiction Productions, a US-based company that 3-D prints Trek-inspired prop replicas for fan films and cosplayers, as well as accessories and playsets for all iterations of Trek figures through the years. Visit them at Triple-Fictionproductions.net.
Don't forget to subscribe to the show and leave a rating if you like us!
The views expressed on air during Trek Untold do not represent the views of the RAGE Works staff, partners, or affiliates.
Follow Trek Untold on Social Media
- Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/trekuntold
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/trekuntold
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trekuntold
Follow Nerd News Today on Social Media
- Twitter: Twitter.com/NerdNews2Day
- Instagram: Instagram.com/NerdNewsToday
- Facebook: Facebook.com/NerdNewsToday
Trek Untold is sponsored by Treksphere.com, powered by the RAGE Works Podcast Network, and affiliated with Nerd News Today.
Check Out Some of the Other Shows on the RAGE Works Network
- Call Me When It's Over: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/cmwio/
- Cheese! A Photography Podcast: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/capp/
- Black is the New Black: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/bitnb/
- The Variant Issue: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/tvi/
- Turnbuckle Tabloid: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/tbt/
- Toys & Tech of the Trade: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/ttott/
- The Eat 4 Life Podcast: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/eat4life/
- The Funkohub POPcast: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/funkohub-popcast/