Trek Untold Episode 42: Susan Diol, Danara Pel on “Star Trek: Voyager”
Susan Diol, Danara Pel on “Star Trek: Voyager”
Susan Diol’s acting career spans dozens of TV shows and theatrical works. Still, Trekkies know her best as Dr. Danara Pel from two episodes of “Star Trek: Voyager” titled “Lifesigns” and “Resolutions.” Before her time on Voyager, she appeared on “Star Trek: The Next Generation” in “Silicon Avatar,” although her character didn’t make it past the opening act for reasons you’ll understand when you watch the episode.
Susan returned to Trek in “Star Trek: Voyager” as Dr. Danara Pel in “Resolutions” and “Lifesigns” and was also one of the actresses originally considered for the role of Captain Janeway.
Throughout her career, Susan has worked with Andy griffin, Dick van Dyke, Megan Mullaly, John Larroquette, Candace Bergan, Jerry Seinfeld, and Mark Harmon, to name a few. She has performed on stages on Broadway and in LA and worked with some legends in the theater.
We discuss her time on TNG and VOY, including her memories of Robert Picardo, wearing the heavy makeup and prosthetics to become a Vidiian with the Phage, and how some of her memorable scenes came together.
Sci-fi fans may also remember her on Quantum Leap, as she was part of an alternate ending for the series finale, which we spend some time reminiscing about, too, along with other roles.
Plus, acting onstage with Uta Hagen, Victor Garber, and John Cullum, stories of character actor Roy Brocksmith who Trekkies may remember from the TNG episode “Peak Performance,” time with Chuck Norris while filming “Walker, Texas Ranger,” her two-parter on “Night Court” where she almost married Richard Moll, and her date with Brent Spiner! Yes, we are spilling the tea!
Don't forget to subscribe to the show and leave a rating if you like us!
Trek Untold is sponsored by Triple-Fiction Productions, a US-based company that 3-D prints Trek-inspired prop replicas for fan films and cosplayers, as well as accessories and playsets for all iterations of Trek figures through the years. Visit them at Triple-Fictionproductions.net.
The views expressed on air during Trek Untold do not represent the views of the RAGE Works staff, partners, or affiliates.
Follow Trek Untold on Social Media
- Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/trekuntold
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/trekuntold
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trekuntold
Check Out Some of the Other Shows on the RAGE Works Network
- Black is the New Black: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/bitnb/
- Call Me When It’s Over: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/cmwio/
- Cheese! A Photography Podcast: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/capp/
- The Variant Issue: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/tvi/
- Turnbuckle Tabloid: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/tbt/
- Toys & Tech of the Trade: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/ttott/
- Funkohub POPcast: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/funkohub-popcast/