Trek Untold-Episode 105: Jesse Gender
Jessie Gender on Sexuality in Star Trek
Jessie Earl is a Youtuber whose popular channel examines Star Trek in a very different light, or in some cases, with the lights turned out. Known to her fans as Jessie Gender, her videos range from Klingon anatomy, LGBTQ+, Transgender, and nonbinary representation in the franchise, and the way sex and sexuality is shown throughout the series.
In this conversation, no topic is too hot to handle, as we discuss the unusual way Jessie found her Star Trek fandom, how she discovered who she really was as a woman and how her experiences affect the type of videos she makes, how Jessie built her Youtube channel and transformed it into the success it is today, how she puts a video together including the meticulous research behind them and more on being a content creator.
From there, it's onto Trek Talk as Jessie tells us why Riker is the most sexually positive character in all of Trek and what his sexuality is, Jadzia and Ezri Dax as the Trans metaphor, discussion on “The Outcast,” the importance of “headcanon” and how it intersects with the LGBTQ community, balancing representation VS the conservative view on “wokeism,” and a whole lot more! This is a don't miss episode that covers a wide range of topics, from the silly to serious, and will undoubtedly put a new perspective on how you watch Star Trek.
A reminder – Jessie had just had surgery done on her face, so her cheeks were a bit puffy from the recovery process, so if you're wondering why she sounds a bit funny, there's your answer!
- Check out Jessie's channel here – https://www.youtube.com/c/lostrekkie
- Jessie's “Star Trek TNG – A Sexual Retrospective – https://youtu.be/j1Q8FUT_bz8
Check out the video version of this podcast on Youtube.com/nerdnewstoday every Sunday. Please subscribe to our channel and hit the notifications button to be updated when we go live or upload our next video!
Trek Untold is sponsored by Triple-Fictionproductions.net, 3-D printing Star Trek and sci-fi-inspired prop replicas, dioramas, and accessories for cosplayers and action figures. Use code UNTOLD10 at checkout for 10% off all orders. Visit them at Triple-Fictionproductions.net.
Visit my Amazon shop to check out tons of Trek products and other things I enjoy – https://www.amazon.com/shop/thefightnerd
View the Teespring store for Trek Untold gear & apparel – https://my-store-9204078.creator-spring.com
Support Trek Untold by becoming a Patreon at Patreon.com/TrekUntold.
Don't forget to subscribe to the show and leave a rating if you like us!
Follow Trek Untold on Social Media
- Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/trekuntold
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/trekuntold
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trekuntold
Follow Nerd News Today on Social Media
- Twitter: Twitter.com/NerdNews2Day
- Instagram: Instagram.com/NerdNewsToday
- Facebook: Facebook.com/NerdNewsToday
Trek Untold is sponsored by Treksphere.com, powered by the RAGE Works Podcast Network, and affiliated with Nerd News Today.
The views expressed on air during Trek Untold do not represent the views of the RAGE Works staff, partners, or affiliates.
Check Out Some of the Other Shows on the RAGE Works Network
- Black is the New Black: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/bitnb/
- Turnbuckle Tabloid: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/tbt/
- Toys & Tech of the Trade: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/ttott/
- Trek Untold: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/trek-untold/
- The Eat 4 Life Podcast: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/eat4life/
- GamiFi Everything: Beyond The Metaverse: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/gamifi-everything-beyond-the-metaverse/
- Slaying For Me: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/slaying-for-me/