Atomic Business Coaching-Episode 49
The Power of a 12-Month Vision and How It Can Transform Your Business in a Year
In this episode, Adam and Tom discuss the importance of vision statements for small business owners, particularly those classified as Purple Collar Professionals. They emphasize the significance of setting a short-term vision within a 12-month window to guide business decisions and outline the difference between mission and vision statements.
Tom presents the confusion that often exists between mission and vision and emphasizes the need to understand them separately but also be able to integrate them into the business. Adam presents his vision statement example for health, wealth, and happiness, explaining how every decision is geared towards this vision.
Tom shares his vision for the year, focusing on optimization in various aspects of his business. Tom explains his belief in optimizing, refining and improving various aspects of the business for better output.
The hosts call for a habit change in line with the vision and point out the importance of written vision statements, which can be short and simple but should define where the business should be at the end of the year.
Adam introduces the “Identity Process Outcome” model from Atomic Habits by James Clear, which involves identifying with the vision, building a process to achieve it, and realizing the desired outcome.
Through examples and practical insights, Adam and Tom showcase how vision statements can simplify decision-making and contribute to the overall success of a business. They highlight the need for business owners to align their daily decisions with their vision statements to make better decisions and actions.
- Check out our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/321628173691426
- Follow us on Instagram: @atomicbusinesscoaching
- Subscribe to the Atomic Business Coaching YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@atomiccoaching
- Visit the Atomic Business Coaching Website: www.atomicbusinesscoaching.com
- Connect with Atomic Business Coaching on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/atomic-business-coaching/
- Get your copy of The Morning Meeting on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3MxQ9jr
- Get your copy of Adam and Tom's new book, The Atomic Game Changer: https://amzn.to/44v73VZ
The views expressed on air during the Atomic Business Coaching Podcast do not represent the views of RAGE Works staff, partners, or affiliates.