Atomic Business Coaching-Episode 35
What Happens When You Challenge Your Brain to Work Hard?
In this podcast episode, hosts Adam and Tom discuss the power of approaching hard work with a positive mindset and how it can lead to success. Adam emphasizes hard work's mental and physical toll, regardless of the work one does, and stresses the idea that our work has a more substantial impact on us than we do on it. Together, they explain how reframing the way we see hard work and viewing it as a reward in itself can result in unforeseen benefits and unlock our full potential.
The conversation delves into the neuroscience behind this concept. It explores the relationship between hard work and the release of dopamine, highlighting how the brain perceives the rewards of hard work. Tom highlights the psychological strain caused by hard work, asserting that it requires substantial mental stamina to remain focused and motivated on the path to achieving a goal. Adam further suggests that the hard work required to reach a goal can often appear overwhelming. Still, he emphasizes its inevitability, no matter the route you take to achieve your desired output.
Together, they introduce the concept of setting smaller, achievable milestones as a way to maintain constant motivation and lessen the overwhelming nature of the hard work required to reach the ultimate goal. Placing the aptitude for hard work as a goal by itself not only provides instant gratification but also results in the accomplishment of those set targets as a byproduct.
Adam and Tom share examples from personal experiences, including fitness and entrepreneurship, where seeing hard work as both a goal and a reward has yielded unexpected positive outcomes. They also discuss the importance of training the brain to view hard work as a reward, emphasizing how it not only helps us achieve our goals but also brings about other unforeseen rewards. Ultimately, they stress the significance of approaching hard work with intention and purpose, as it prevents mental exhaustion and propels us toward reaching our full potential.
Register for the workshop by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking this link: https://calendly.com/tom-atomicbusinesscoaching/atomic-workshop-one-page-business-owner-plan-clone
About: Adam and Tom have combined four Decades of experience working with business owners. They have taken their previous work and combined it to build programs that help overworked, growing entrepreneurs who have no free time to overcome their burnout, build a plan, and learn to delegate. This allows them to 10x by working less!
Follow Atomic Business Coaching on social media and visit their website to learn more or to work with them.
- Instagram: @atomicbusinesscoaching
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@atomiccoaching
- Website: www.atomicbusinesscoaching.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/atomic-business-coaching/
- Get your copy of Adam and Tom's new book The Atomic Game Changer: https://amzn.to/44v73VZ
- Get your copy of The Morning Meeting on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3MxQ9jr
The views expressed on air during the Atomic Business Coaching Podcast do not represent the views of RAGE Works staff, partners, or affiliates.
Check Out Some of the Other Shows on the RAGE Works Network
- Black is the New Black: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/bitnb/
- Turnbuckle Tabloid: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/tbt/
- Toys & Tech of the Trade: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/ttott/
- Trek Untold: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/trek-untold/
- The Eat 4 Life Podcast: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/eat4life/
- GamiFi Everything: Beyond The Metaverse: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/gamifi-everything-beyond-the-metaverse/
- Slaying For Me: https://rageworksnetwork.com/show/slaying-for-me/